Lately I have been kind of obsessed with biscotti. I have always loved any flavor of biscotti and I never made it homemade until recently. I was seriously missing out. These chocolate chip biscotti cookies were one of the first biscotti cookies I ever made myself at home. I instantly loved them and began searching for more biscotti recipes to add to my arsenal.
I just love a good crunchy cookie I can dip in my coffee or even my tea. SO GOOD! Speaking of tea, I found a Earl Grey Biscotti recipe that I am going to have to try later on. Never even heard of a “tea flavored biscotti” but just because I have to try everything that sounds remotely good to me…..that will be my next biscotti trial.
This recipe is adapted from missinthekitchen.com and I have found it to be a great one! I have added a chocolate drizzle, I’ve even slathered a layer of chocolate on one side before. Any extra chocolate I can get…..who’s with me?
I don’t always make the full recipe. Around the holidays I will but when it is just to have around the house I will typically half this recipe because my husband and I can’t get to them all before they go stale.
These are such a great quick treat for anytime of the day. In the morning with your coffee, as a sweet breakfast, in the middle of the day for those chocolate cravings, in the evening for dessert….the list can go on forever. That’s why I love biscotti cookies so much because they can really be a part of anything, not just necessarily a dessert.
Play around with some biscotti recipes and share your experience below! What’s your favorite kind?
Chocolate Chip Biscotti
One of my favorite biscotti recipes filled with chocolate chips and covered in a chocolate drizzle.
Adapted From: missinthekitchen.com
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz chocolate chips (mini or regular) plus about 1/3 cup for drizzling
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Combine butter and sugar in a mixer.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix for about a minute.
- Throw in the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until well combined.
- Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into two loaves on a greased baking sheet, each loaf about 10″ x 2″ in size.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Pull out of oven and let cool for at least 30 min.
- Heat oven to 300F.
- Slice the loaves into about 1/2″ size slices and place (sliced side down) on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes then pull out of the oven and let sit for a couple of minutes before flipping and returning to oven for a final 15 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack and let cool.
- While biscotti is cooling, melt chocolate chips (if you would like you could melt with a little coconut oil or an equivalent but it is not required) using desired method (microwave or double boiler) then place chocolate in a bag, cut off the corner and pipe out the chocolate onto the biscotti cookies. Let the chocolate harden and the cookies cool completely before storing in a air tight container. Enjoy!