Have you ever ordered a chocolate chip cookie somewhere and after you take a bite of it all you can think about is how that cookie is the most perfectly made chocolate chip cookie ever? I have and I always want to know the exact recipe for it but I can never recreate it…..Until Now!
I have tried chocolate chip cookie recipe after recipe, scoured pinterest to find the most perfect cookie with no avail. One day I came across this post from Morgan from hostthetoast.com. I read through the post wishfully wondering if this was the recipe I have looked for my whole life! Spoiler Alert….It Was!! My main source of input comes from my husband who is a serious cookie connoisseur. This batch of cookies does not last more than 2 days in my house. They are really that good! I adapted the recipe a little mainly because I wanted smaller cookies than the original post makes.
My husband and I try to eat healthy and for the most part we do pretty well. But that doesn’t mean we can’t splurge every now and then….right? This cookies are totally splurge worthy! My husband is like a kid in a candy store whenever these cookies are made. In fact I can only make them while he is at work because half the batch doesn’t even make it into the cookie jar when he is around.
The main keys to these cookies is the chilling period and the amount of time in the oven. In my oven they cook for about 14 minutes before I pull them out. It is important you chill them because I noticed the less time I chilled them the more they spread out on the tray while baking. When baking you are looking for browned/golden edges with the center still slightly undone. Pull them out and let them cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely. You must let them cool a little on the tray before trying to move them or they just fall apart completely. They will flatten slightly but that does not effect the chewiness one bit!
So, if you’re looking for that perfectly chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe, this is the one for you! Give them a try. Your family will love you for it! These cookies should last about a week in an air tight container….if they even survive your family that long!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Super chewy, perfect chocolate chip cookies!
Adapted From: hostthetoast.com
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ sticks (6 oz) butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups chocolate chips
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl (or mixer, I have a kitchen aid), beat together the softened butter and the sugars for about one minute. Then, add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until just combined.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix briefly, just until there are no flour clumps left. Carefully mix in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to an hour. This is important. The longer they are chilled the puffier the cookies will turn out when cooked. I typically chill mine for about and hour but 30 min is the minimum!
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and preheat the oven to 325 degrees, making sure you have the racks in the middle of the oven.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto a prepared cookie sheet or air bake sheet. Make sure the cookies have plenty of room to spread. If you would like to make larger cookies than your cookie scoop makes, feel free to do so. It’s all about what your perfect cookie resembles.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes (depending on oven)(mine are put in for about 14 min) or until the cookies have spread out and the edges are golden, but the center of the cookie still looks soft and just slightly under-cooked. Let cool on the baking sheets until the cookies are firm enough to remove.
- Repeat with remaining batches, until all cookies are baked. Enjoy!